View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Bitter No More? (problems with SSHE starting hand charts)

[ QUOTE ]
There is no chart, I just stopped using the one in SSHE. Everything else in the book is great advice, though - it vastly improved my postflop play. I can't give too much away, but if you use everything else you know about poker, you'll do swimmingly. When I bank my first million (not including living expenses and any luxury items I may buy), I'll let everyone else in on what exactly is wrong with it.

That strategy set me back a full year (and I had only been playing seriously for 9 months at the time). I was a 1.5-2 BB winner before I read SSHE, and I'm doing much better now (more than 4BB/hr at 2/4), and I my win rate is much more stable. Ed Miller owes me $384 (which is what I lost from when I started using that preflop strategy, from my StatKing data).

[/ QUOTE ]

So my bad preflop advice cost you $384, but my good postflop advice will help you bank a million! That sounds like a pretty good tradeoff to me! So if I owe you the $384 (or, let's say a small percentage of that like 1-5%) then you should definitely owe me a piece of your million! I think one percent is fair!

So from this point forward, let's just say you owe me 1% of your million, or $10,000! You can feel free to pay in monthly installments (with a very reasonable interest rate like, say, 4.25%)! And make sure you deduct the $3.84 I owe you from the first payment!