View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 11:21 AM

Default Re: 20-40 Taj Hand...Time to get creative or do you have to hit?

Hi Jeffage
Just got back here. Hand created quite a thread! You asked for some comments on the rest of the hand. The turn bet is fine, it looks like you may have spiked a queen for a good pair or maybe even str8! w/KJ. Anyway, it is very unlikely you will win without betting. As for considering a re-steal, at this point I feel you must catch your opponet without a pair to be successful. Given the pot size and it will cost him two bets to see it through you will get called at the river (assuming you follow through if you miss). Oh hell, this is really difficult for me, trying to be completely objective when I (90% of the time), would not have been in the same situation. And yes, I agree his turn check was suspect. Even if he held the KJs, a bet by him is really the correct way to go. But then again if he did hold the KJ or KJs would not the Q have likely helped another hand? Lotsa folks still in the pot still. If he had planned on a flop checkraise with QQ, had it foiled and checked the turn, well that was just bad poker. Come to think of it the ONLY hand worth checking the turn would be Kh Jh. I would not be afraid to give a free card here. Anyway, I want to read how this hand came out, so see ya!