View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Bitter No More? (problems with SSHE starting hand charts)

Looks like Shant knows the secret as well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Don't worry, it is safe with me.

As a note, as of today I am now an overall WINNER again (after 7 months being underwater). Not by much, but enough to put me in the black.

I am confident that I am a winning player now, at least at the lower limits, instead of never being sure of my abilities. Here is a list of the books I have read (just about, excluding the blackjack and stud ones): http://www.twoplustwo.com/books.html, plus others by Brunson, Cloutier (ignored a lot of it), and Hellmuth (ignored a lot of it).

There REALLY is no chart, just rip pp 76-92 out of your copy of SSHE, feed them to your dog, read the loose games section of HEPFAP, and rake in the buxxx. There is something horribly wrong if 2+2ers can't make a HUGE profit against people who play any 2 suited cards, Any Ace, any King, and will call a raise with any Ace.

I take my beats now, but I laugh them off. I know the money is coming my way sooner or later. It used to be when at a great table, I would bust out after taking several horrible beats, buy in again regretting it, bust out again and leave broke. Now I put that money right back on the table, and let it grow until the fish go to sleep (do fish sleep?).

When you really get the hang of holdem (low-limit at least), it is almost like stealing. I had to put a lot of effort into it, but now it all makes sense. This is the only major issue I've had with any 2+2 book (there are some really close plays in examples of rare situations that I've disagreed with, but nothing that would affect your results on a day to day basis).

- Bitterness is joy with a bad attitude