View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: New Yorkers -- Date ideas needed (Non NYC\'ers probably can help to

[ QUOTE ]

If you end up doing the Roosevelt Island cable car thing (which I don't suggest, because it's kinda dumb and loses its luster once you turn five), you'll find yourself in a 'hood without much nightlife except for a Scores (which is not a good idea!). And the R-Island side is worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually liked the Roosevelt Island cable car thing a lot the first time I was on it. It was really exciting. Only problems are that it only takes 6 minutes each way and it's out of the way of anything else you might want to do.

I would NOT recommend the tourist thing (Empire State building and the Statue of Liberty) unless you want to be waiting in line for several hours. I also think Central Park is out of the question since you're out of town. It's a huge park and if you guys get lost or simply exhaust yourselves from walking too much, that could really turn the date to [censored], especially in this humid weather.

Find a couple of air-conditioned places in West Village where you can sit down and talk over gourmet snacks. The NY Craigslist food forum is a gold mine when it comes to this stuff. Good luck