View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Being Certain In The Face Of Contrary Expert Opinions

I have never said that it is not a possibility as a cause.

I have said that it contribues to the terrorist just as much the backpack contributes as a cause.

I have said and will repeat that in analyzing terrorism causes, IMO, it is if at all an insignificant issue. I have agreed that it is a significant contributor in motivating the bombers. But if this was a Christian society they would find the justification somewhere -- in the bible or elsewhere. After all the Jews found justification for their terrorism in the old testament, the crusaders found it in the bible, the hindus find it in whatever they find in their religion. Essentially religions suck.

Is it a significant contributor worthy of discussion, that is a flat NO. Mostly because if it was not Islam they would find another motivator to strike back at the problems they face and the persecution they perceive.

Perhaps you can get it past your Islam hatred that even if it is ONE CAUSE AMONGST MANY, it is insignificant to our problem at hand. It is something we can do very little about. It is really not worth discussing in the context of terrorism.

Regarding your frustrations, that is really your problem. For a supposedly intellignet guy, why do you insist on taking on yourself the task of changing peoples mind. Just present your case, listen to what others are saying and if needed adjust. That is all I do. I dont want to convince you of anything, it will not make my day better.