View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 03:52 PM

Default Re: KK choke a chicken 20-40

Sometimes, you are bound to fold a winner no matter what you do. For example, a bet on the flop may have been met with a raise or checkraise and you are probably done with the hand on the turn anyway. So, I wouldn't sweat it too much (although I am sure you are right about the bastards, pigs, and whores at your table...heh).

On the other hand, while I am sure you know this, it's worth saying that the play of checking with KK on an Ace high flop works best in a short handed field i.e 1 or 2 opponents. One of the reasons to bet the flop is to see if there is an Ace out there and in a multiway pot, if you are raised, you can generally conclude that the raiser has the Ace (you can't safely come to that same conclusion in a shorthanded pot). This will enable you to save 1.5 small bets (as opposed to checking the flop, calling the turn and river). You also avoid being outplayed on the turn. Lastly, checking KK in a shorthanded field also stands a greater chance of someone bluffing on the turn. So, you save money when behind, make money when ahead yada yada yada.

Bottom line: Usually bet the flop with KK on an Ace high flop against 4 opponents...check it - but not always - against 1 or 2 opponents.