View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: PokerStars NL and tourney players, answer a few Qs please :)

[ QUOTE ]
That's good to hear.

I was always under the impression that PokerStars should be avoided cause of all of the tighties. Must have been the review at www.pokerlistings.com. They still rate the competition as "1" because of how tough it is, apparently.

Soft competition (1)
The ring games are very tough at Poker Stars, due to its very poker savvy players. The view flop percentages are markedly lower than the online average. For example, at the 9 player no-limit Holdem tables ($1/$2 and up) the view flop percentage is often in the mid 20-ies and low 30-ies. In Omaha there are some loose games with view flop percentages up in the 40-ies and 50-ies, sometimes in the 60-ies (at $1/$2 and up). The tournament player quality is of more varying level. Of course there are mostly strong players in high stakes sit-and-go and the main fixed schedule events. However, a lot of non-experts take part as Poker Stars attracts many tournament players as the tournaments leader. In short, the competition is quite tough, but less tough in the tournaments.

I just checked out the NL100 and NL200 flop view percentage, and it seems pretty high. Party doesn't list these stats, but it seems similar to me as a player there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is old info, Stars has grown a lot lately and hence softened up quite a bit.