View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: live 10-25: scare card hits the river

[ QUOTE ]

10-25 at borgata, just my 3rd orbit at the table, i have pockets 10s in the sb. 3 players limp, i raise to 125, the bb calls and the limpers drop. haven't played with the bb before, he's a late 20-ish asian guy, my first impression is that he's kinda loosey-goosey. i have ~2200, he has me covered. anyway, flop is JTx, two of a suit. i bet 200, he calls. turn is an offsuit 4, doesn't pair the board. i bet 500, he calls again. river brings a raggy flush card, still no pair on the board. i have a little more than 1300 left.

not too interesting of a hand, but lately this similar scenario has come up a few times and i've been a little unsure how to proceed, being first to act on the river: value/blocking-bet? push is probably bad? check-call? check to induce a bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played meaningful NL in months, so take this with a grain of salt, but it strikes me that you could have chosen to have a better depth on the river by betting a little heavier on the earlier streets, especially since you thought your opponent was likely to call too much. With things as they are, I'd push but wish I had put more money in the pot and left less in my stack.

Also, how come you're never on IM anymore?

scrub