View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: My book: \"Professional Poker\"

Hi everyone,

Here are a some quick responses to the previous posts:

-Hi Mason, thanks for the clarification of your posting policy. Will do.

-Femto, thank you for your interest. It's available right now from certain places like Amazon (where I believe shipping will be much, much sooner than stated) and BN.com, along with other internet sellers including gamblersbook.com (which has a Vegas walk-in store). If your question was when will it be available in the popular brick & mortar stores, then it may or may not be fairly soon. It depends on where you live. I hear that Barnes & Noble and Borders have recently put in orders, but they will probably just be at their biggest stores where their poker books sell best. Obviously, my book has an extremely low profile right now. Only if it starts selling well will they expand their shelving to more stores. So online may be your best bet if interested.

-Skeme, I wouldn't really compare it to Improve Your Poker, although it does have some advanced playing tips that I hope will improve your game. My book is more broadly reaching topic-wise, covering many additional topics that are important to making money at poker besides just the specific mechanics of the game.

-johnnybeef, I cracked up when I read your post. Very funny and true. But think of it this way. If you and I face each other at a heads-up table, one of us has to lose. But if you read my book and find it to have value, then we both win! I like that kind of equation in the poker world. (I also got a kick out of your steak pic, by the way.)

-Rudbaeck - I can appreciate your skepticism. I admit that I have it myself when I see a new title by an unknown author (or even a known player/author if they don't have a previous book that I've liked). I hope that I can pleasantly surprise you. And yes, if you end up judging my book on par with Improve Your Poker, I'd be very happy and flattered.

Thanks for the all the feedback!

Regards,

Mark Blade