View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Did i make a mistake here? Orleans Open NL

We are down to just under 100 people left they pay 54. 150-300 blinds with a 25 ante. I'm in bb with Ak off. a 2nd utg make it 1k and has about 7k total. i have $6500 behind. He is the only guy that has me covered on my table. I know this player and he knows me. I know he's capable of laying a hand down and he knows i'm tight. I delibertae for a few moment and move all in. Did i make a mistake tanging with the other big stack?

This was my thinking. Unless he has AA,kk,maybe qq and Ak i think he has to fold. and by his raise to 1k it smelled like not a AA or KK hand. More like a jj's,1010's,99's, Aq or Aj hand. Possibly qq's but this is the only hand he may call with and have i'm worried about. And he may even fold that. This player does raise with a few more hand also. So the range could be even wider. 77,88, A10. This being said does it make my play right? Or is it still a mistake because if he does call and i lose i'm out. And with the amount of chips i had and the blinds so low i could have gone very far in this tourney. Especially considering i'm VERY careful usually. Almost to a point where i'm making a mistake not getting involved enough.

So what you guys think? Did i make a good play or did i make a mistake?