View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Help w/Late gameplay in 22\'s

[ QUOTE ]
A8 is not just a favorite over two random cards, it is a signifigant favorite.

And you really can't fold ITM here. Short stack is going to be doubling up a lot of the time, or picking up some pots, so you have little hope of trying to fold ITM, and passing up a spot like this is like folding AK to a all-in raise. Simply can't do it if you want to make money over the long term in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ] Since when is five people left considered ITM? Ok I know what you are saying so let me be as fair as my ego will let me be. Maybe it's not such a bad push with A8 in this spot. Ok. Now let me say something else. One of the reasons why Phil Helmuth is one of the greatest Tournament players ever is because of his ablility to lay down big hands. Ok. If you can't ever lay down AK QQ or whatever it may be, preflop, than I don't see how your ROI or ITM can ever really improve. Not only will never folding with these types of hands make bad beats occur more often than they should, but it also can't really help with your game mentally if you go on a downswing where you keep losing with said hands.