View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Need New Sound System

Zeno. First of all there is no need for a CD player. Spend the money and get a firefly remote and then use your computer.

Use audacity (free) to compress music into high quality MP3's. You can set up the compression so their is no loss in sound quality. I haven't used a CD in years. You can also set up your computer to produce much better quality sound than any sub $1000 CD player will produce.

The polk recomendations were good. You will probably want to add a sub later. Modular systems are nice because you can always upgrade. Those bookshelves will make nice satellites if you ever want to make a movie theater.

Stay away from Bose. Bose is crap. I can not stress this enough.

Onkyo is not a bad choice for a receiver. For the low end almost all of the experts I know are huge fans of Yamaha.

If you watch movies at all Zeno a good system will make a huge difference in the movie experience.

I'm busy now. Increasing the price range to $800 is NOT A BAD IDEA. Tell me what you listen to most. Is it for classical? Rock? Is it for movies? All of the above? What kind of room is it going in? (footage of room)

Seriously Zeno, trash the CD player. If you have a computer there is no need. AND STAY AWAY FROM BOSE IT'S CRAP!!!!