View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Help with a couple of goofy hands from my last session.

Hand one.
Flop: Raise. (or fold if you think UTG is tight). Protect your tens and possibly clean up higher [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s. That very well may have folded UTG+1. Your worst nightmare card is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. You won't ever fold that card, and you lose if you hit the baby flush. Other than that, you have a decent chance redraw on the other 3 Qs and to fold out higher [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]s.

UTG+1 very well may have folded. Then you could have checked behind BB if the heart missed.

Turn: Raise. You might fold out a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River: I don't think you should have gotten here like this. I don't have any advice for you.

Hand 2. Turn: UTG says "I have a queen!". You say "Crud, I hope he is lying". Button says "I have a higher queen." UTG: "Oops, I guess I just had a jack after all." You: "CRUD!". You probably should have released it here, but I don't have a strong opinion on this.