Thread: Moral Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Moral Dilemma

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree with this. these forums have taught me 13221lk3jl132 times what SSHE did, and SSHE was a great poker book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too. But we're not necessarily a good sample. Not everyone has, or can develop, the particular skills of getting the best value out of the forums. Think about a random person dropped into this chaos of conflicting advice, unspoken conventions, confusing buzzwords/acronyms/numerical reads and general As-the-Flop-Turns psychodrama. What percentage of them is going to have the persistence and dedication and lack of life needed to pull the golden needles out of the blatherstack?

SSHE, on the other hand, is an articulate condensation of the forums' core conventional wisdom and approach with 100% less noise.

No question that these forums provide a deeper and ultimately more advanced form of engagement and continuing education, but if my goal was to help them improve their game I would always start a 2+2 virgin off with the fundamentals as expressed in SSHE, HFAP, TOP, etc.

/mc