View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Making a Read and Going With it - a 50/100 hand.

3 Handed 50/100. Two players, both playing VERY loose and aggressive. I have only played about 10% of my button hands and have folded nearly every small blind hand. I have been defending my big blind semi-liberally.

I get Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button. By the way the big blind (BB) looked at his cards, I put him on 44-JJ. I limped. The SB folded and the big blind bet. At this point, I am 98% sure he has AK. He'd check any pair jacks or worse to trap me. QQ he'd bet. KK he'd check, and AA he'd check. He'd check AQ and worse. So he either has AK or QQ. Since I have QQ, I am 98% sure he has AK. The other 2% is the rare possibilty of QQ.

Knowing he had AK, I just called to see if the flop was safe.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He leads out. I decide that he'd make this bet with AK about 20% of the time. He'd make this bet with QJ 100% of the time. I raise for information, he three bets. I know this guy. He's a LAG. He raises QJ here EVERY TIME. At this point I am about 95% sure he has QJ, 2% sure he has QQ, and there's a 3% chance of AK. I call.

The turn is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
He bets. Now I am sure he has QJ. I call.

River is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
He bets, I raise, he raises, I cap. He calls.

My main question is on my river play. I KNOW HE HAS QJ. I feel completely ok with capping the river. What do you think? Was I right to go with my read?

What do you put him on?