View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Bet AA preflop to reduce the number of callers?

[ QUOTE ]
Because you do not want garbage hands like 52o in it with you. These hands will only pay you if they hit two pair or better. You also do not want connectors suited in it with you. You want STRONG hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as they're willing to pay a decent amount preflop, I'm HAPPY to have 52o play with me. I'm also happy to have as many opponents as possible, if they've paid enough preflop. With 7 opponents you'll certainly lose most of the time, but when your hand does hold up you'll make a fortune.

We're actually not too far apart - the key is to make people pay to try to draw out on us. I just want to emphasize that it's not too hard in NL to make it -EV for them to stay in PF. It's true that 52o or 76s will only put more money in post-flop if they hit, so that's why you have to make them pay pre-flop. Then I'm happy if they fold, and I'm also happy if they call. Either way is +EV for me.

On TV you see pros calling raises with suited connectors. Do you think if the raiser flashed AA, the pro would still call?