View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Drawing for Dinner

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
End result, you're just adding outs, which is always +EV. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Not true. You're adding cards that let her win, but you're also adding a card which lets her lose.

Keep thinking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh... no. You're adding four cards that let her win and one card that lets her tie, which then gets resolved by a coin flip. So, like I said, you're adding outs to the deck, which is +EV.

*EDIT* Gah. I misunderstood the original question. When you said draw ABCDEF, I took that to mean she just takes a card from the already drawn deck. As in re-create the previously drawn cards, and then she takes one. My bad.

*SECOND EDIT* I still remain unconvinced. Only one person can lose, and that's the lowest card. All the others have to do is beat that card. That means that you're adding winning cards back into the deck, which is adding outs. Even if you assume the fifth tie card ALWAYS results in a loss, that's still a net of four winnings cards that are available. I'll take an open-ended straight draw over a gutshot any day of the week.