View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Interesting cheating post

Maybe I'm brain dead, but so far I don't think so...Where, pray tell, is the cheating?

[1] Are they suggesting that Brunson gave his money to Forrest? If so, that's bad for the team and good for everybody else. Collusion cheating in a tournament will, for example, show the "best" hand fail to claim a pot and thus give it to his all-in partner, in order to keep them both alive. There is plenty of proof that the team is better off with two active players with a half a stack each than one active player with a full stack.

[2] Are they suggesting that they tried to force Goehring to fold a hand better than AJ by being faced with an unpleasant over-call? Nonsense. Goehring is GOING to call with ANY hand close to value to AJ since there is no more betting (his hand has no bad implied odds), his stack is in no jeapardy, and he can eliminate two players with one hand.

[3] Are they suggesting that they think the team is better off offering 2:1 with a reasonable and unreasonable hand, hoping to play 3-handed show-down against Goehring? Brunson is not that stupid.

Perhaps someone can please enlighten me as to WHY this appears to be collusion.

- Louie