View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Turn Action

I check/raise this turn. The board is not so scary and even a 1/2 player can read hands well enough to tell what you have when you donkbet. He will not raise overs here. I've made my hand and I want everyone to put two big bets in the pot.

Since this is 6-max, overs are quite likely to bet again. In my experience, short-handed players don't like to take free cards with overcards. Rather, they bet the turn hoping to fold out the player with position and then check behind on the river.

Thus, the best way of getting 2 big bets in on one street is through check-raising. Donking will get us 2 bets only when villain has an overpair, and in my experience big overpairs will 3-bet a check/raise with an overpair. If villain has a hand like TT, he'll call the c/r and again on the turn. However, when we donk, villain is likely just to call down.

Those are my thoughts, anyways.

Nfinity has some good thoughts and is showing a good thinking process, but I disagree with all his points.

A: Very doubtful that it gets checked through. Overcards will likely bet again, hoping to pick up the pot.

B: Not likely that any 1/2 SH player is folding to a turn c/r. Who cares if they know the strength of our hand? (If, of course, I grant the premise that they know what a turn c/r means). They've put in two bets already and will likely talk themselves into calling again on the river with overpairs.

C: See my discussion about overcards calling vs. betting and overpairs.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. So hopefully no one will judge this post on my "reputation" (I honestly didn't know I had one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) alone.

Livin', Laughin', Learnin',

Big John [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]