View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 10:57 PM

Default Re: KJs flops TP in big pot

You could be dominated preflop, and for that reason I'd consider folding to the first raise, but you have a good multiway hand, the pot is multiway, and you are getting in at a slight discount.

UTG isn't really that short-stacked, but all the same his limp-reraise could mean a lot of things (inclucing, of course, AA and KK, but also including much more speculative hands) in a pot with this many players in.

Despite flopping top pair, I think I like a check-and-see on the flop. (Betting into UTG is something to consider too, I think, especially if you think some people might fold if he raises.) When UTG bets and no one raises, that kind of seems like a good sign (although he could easily have you beat). I guess maybe CO's preflop raise and cap meant he felt like gambling, or he's slowplaying.

With only UTG showing strength, possibly your flop checkraise is for value, and also getting through UTG's stack could have its benefits. I'd probably just call, but I don't know what's best really, and after your checkraise gets 3-bet, that does at least invite others to fold (although I see that no one did).

When Button springs to life on the turn, I start thinking AQ or maybe Q9 (or a flop slowplay), though a hand like JT is also possible (fortunately for us).

I kind of doubt you won this, but even if you didn't, you may have won some other monster pot at the table. The table looks kind of wild.