View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Misplayed on all streets?

[ QUOTE ]
Then I think one of us has the wrong idea about pushing with decent draws. As I understand it, the main idea behind pushing here is to get a fold from a hand that would otherwise call down smaller bets and beat you barring improvement. You're investing your stack into this hand hoping to get a fold, not hoping to get a call from a hand that at best is 50/50 with your draw. If your semi-bluff has absolutely no folding equity, what's the point in pushing?

Hand 1: 50.5122 %
Hand 2: 49.4878 %

Willingly taking this action for big pots is surely high variance. Unless you're just trying to harbor a maniacal image to get paid off later, I don't see the point. Keep in mind this is the minimum we're putting this guy on. He obviously calls with 2 pair, sets and overpairs.

Just my .02, :-/.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course the fold equity is nice and is part of the reason why I would sometimes shove my stack in here. However, this move is much more profitable against someone who actually will call while holding nothing more than top pair. Making this move against an opponent who will only call if they have two pair or better isn't terribly profitable.