Thread: Pokernomics
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Pokernomics

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'll play a few hands at $1-$2 and intentionally make some modest, systematic errors. Then I'll submit them and see what they have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just out of curiosity, but how would you go about challenging any claims this guy will make at the end of his project which you deem incorrect? I don't mean to offend; I'm genuinely curious, and can only see this project as a Good Thing overall - if he actually comes up with something useful and it helps people to understand the game better, great! If he just comes up with a bunch of absurd conclusions that help people to understand the game better by understanding why they are absurd, that's great too. But it just seems to me that there would be an awfully great temptation for a theoretician to hear Levitt say something like "based on this and that data, I conclude that you should come in for a raise with A9o UTG" and simply reply "hogwash!" without ever properly addressing the argument, you know? (in fact, upon consulting gocee, that is a conceivable argument that a solely statistics-minded person might make, since A9o will win 1.9% more than its fair share of pots against 9 random hands)