View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 06:43 AM

Default Re: Live hand for review - results

Due to the 5-150 spread structure of the game, at some point when the pot gets big, it plays like a limit game. By my count, there's $825 in the pot at the point of his re-raise, and you have the 2nd nuts. In a true no-limit game where the stacks are deep, yes you have to be careful. But personally, I like extracting more value in the event he is overplaying another hand (baby flush, 2 pair or a set possibly). I think it's worth one more pump and a call if he decides to re-raise again. If he has K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], just tip your cap to him. It just wasn't your hand.

Another key point: You mention he's normally a limit player, and he probably has a limit mentality when betting and raising. Limit mentality includes extracting value bets and raises when he feels he has the best hand, but not necessarily the nuts.

Also, if he had the nuts, it contradicts the statement that he is a good player. There is no way he doesn't re-raise and keep re-raising you either on the flop or the turn with the immortal nuts.

And I just looked at the hand again. Your flop raise was weak. There's 75 in the pot preflop, BB bets 15 and you raise only to 50??

You need to raise that to at least 100, and an argument could be made for raising more.

Garland