View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Petition to Remove <50bb Buyins From Party Skins (xposted)

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry but that's not a good enough argument. Say Mahatma sits down on your left. That probably drops your EV too so should he be banned because he's a better player?

Yes a short stack alters the correct play just like a hyper aggro player screws with the table dynamic too but other than pushing you out of your comfort zone there isn't a good reason why they shouldn't be able do this.

Are you advocating that when someone loses their way down to under 50bb they should be kicked?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a huge difference between the analogy you made and my argument. Mahatma is a more experienced player who is obviously better than me. he wins because he is better at playing poker than i am. these players lose less because they have read a book which, admittedly, exploits a mistake online sites made when setting up their games.

As for kicking someone, that's silly. there is a reason B&amp;M poker rooms allow you to buyin full and then do short buys should you desire. you should be allowed one short buy and that's it.

another argument is that some fish are playing way way above their BR's here. a lot of players are buying in for 20 on a 200 BR at a NL 100 game because they can't stand the "bad players" at 25NL. it gives them tons of variance, but ultimately their money would last longer and get raked more at 25.

fim