View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 05:02 PM

Default THOUGHTS & stuff on the SHOW

[ QUOTE ]
i like everything except your turn play. i hope you don't think it was a good play because it worked!

[/ QUOTE ]

no i dont...and i guess now is as good a time as any to get to the real point.

i wanted to start a discussion on the value of showing hands in certain spots. i was having a discussion w/ a poker friend and he told me about a hand he saw played at 1/2 with a bunch of regulars and i put myself there as the regular who played it like this in order to get a discussion on the value of the SHOW...not the play.

now this guy thinks a longgg time and folds. do you show the 76cc?

i argued YES. when you have the rare situation to do this and dont take advantage of the very point of doing it then i think you really lose the bigtime confusion value of this. Personally, i play with "automuck" on all the time so this never comes up for me. the thing is, is having automuck OFF worth the extra 2 seconds every hand you win w/o a showdown in order to get the value of this type of hand? on this i argued no because you slow the game down and lose value in terms of hands/hour played....so although i think the show would be correct, i dont think the long term value of it is worth taking off an automuck and slowing the game down unnecessarily for every session.

my friend said that while its NOT worth it to show b/c you want to be able to use the turn c'r like this more often (a play here which i do disagree with in the first place), IF you did think its worth it to show, then you should unclick automuck because the extra hands / hour dont compensate for your loss.

i felt like we were talking in circles so i posted the hand he saw and the argument of the show. the guy obvisously did show other wise we'd never know he had the 76cc.

-Barron