Thread: AK flop play
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: AK flop play

btw just so everyone knows I don't think betting is terrible or anything, it's just not my style here against a random opponent.

Also it's the much lower variance play, and since I do have a pretty nice edge on the bubble I'd rather choose the play that doesn't give me a larger chance of investing a ton of chips early on with just the nut flush draw.

Checking definitely has it's strategical advantages, and no matter what I will be left with a healthy stack after the hand and possibly a huge stack. Also

Note also that this is a flop that I generally check behind even if I just have AKo (Referring to $215 games and up, as in lower limits I found it was profitable to just bet blindly every time).

Against familiar opponents I will check sometimes with AA-QQ although its rare (Long story but depends on the suits), I can only remember doing it once in the recent past and it's not the optimal play, it's simply to mask your hand for the future, something which is almost always unneccessary on PartyPoker.