View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: JJ, turn raise good or spewing?

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker (6 max, 5 handed) converter

villain is TAG thats a little on the tight side

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero raises, everyone folds except SB (villain) who calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, SB raises, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises...

my reasoning for the turn raise is to try to get a free showdown on the river, and also charge SB if he's on a draw. i wouldve folded to a 3bet, and planned to fold to a river bet UI. my question is is this a good spot for this move? should we give credit to villain's flop CR for a Q? does anyone fold this turn? i didnt want to fold and thought that raising was the best way to continue the hand.

also, does anyone like any different lines for the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this line, you have an easy fold to a 3-bet.

Also, if a non-[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hits on the river and Villain checks to me, I am very likely to value bet. Since he called your UTG raise from the SB, if he has a Q, he probably has a decent kicker; thus, he would value bet a non-[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river with a Q. In other words, if he checks a non-[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river, he most likely does not have a Q and YHIG.