View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Card Player rulez!!!

[ QUOTE ]
You've got to be kidding me. They give you about 75% of the details of every hand played at the feature table yesterday and you are complaining?!?! It's not as if they had unfettered access to the table, they had to watch all the action from a distance, and got most of the information from a monitor. Given that AND the fact that most of these hands took about 2 minutes max and they have to type and post all of them I'd say they did a pretty damn good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

75%, that is extremely generous. They might be getting 50% accurate. Its not like this is the first major tournament they have covered either. If it was, then I wouldn't say anything. But Card Player has been covering major tournaments for a while now and for the most part got pretty good at it, including the vast majority of information (97% or more I would estimate). For the main event people are continually posting corrections to Card Players info from other, non-official sites, corrections that either make much more sense or that Card Player sometimes eventually corrects themself. And by making them the "official" home of WSOP info, the WSOP should be giving them much better access if their monitor is missing this much information. If they are only 5 feet away they should at least know the bet amounts on a regular basis.