View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Black v. Matusow Hand ... Good laydown??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(but would violate the semi-etiquette of checking down for the best chances to knock out the all-in player).

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure this really applies so far from the FT and any big money "leaps." but i've never played in the WSOP ME, so who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no semi-etiquette to it. A good player is not going to hesitate from betting for a second if it's an advantageous situation. The only reason there's a "semi-etiquette" in your local game, or on PartyPoker, is because people aren't skilled enough to weigh the potential gains from betting against the potential gains from knocking out the all-in player. Every day on the internet you'll see someone getting yelled at for violating this "rule," so I'm not denying that a semi-etiquette exists there. It's just that the person doing the yelling is usually a donk, and this is the one thing they think they know about poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

But as someone mentioned earlier, doing it with a chance to beat the all-in player is much different than those that do it on PP or PS with almost nothing...

JE