View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Stats after First 10,000 Hands--comments appreciated

BZ Zorro, I don't have access to my poker tracker stats on this computer (I'm at work), so I can't tell you what my WTSD% is or those other aggression numbers are, but i imagine that it is probably too low, much like my pre-flop aggression #.

My first week playing was brutal and it shell-shocked me for a while, causing me to tighten up. I just couldn't believe what people would call you with at the $20 level when you showed strength. The result was that I got crushed by the unexpected.

When I decided to jump to $50 the first thing i noticed was that the quality of play increased, somewhat. Eventually, the more familiar play style [that I experienced] helped motivate me to come out from underneath my rock. Now I play a lot more aggressively, but it still hasn't averaged into my stats.

So even with some of these numbers being too low, can you say if I'm on the right track?

My friends play on-line yet hell will freeze over first before they share their stats. For some reason they guard their numbers like their ATM password. What is the big deal, I wonder? I know their stats are better than mine, but even an ego-stroking won't get them to share.

How did any else do on their 1st 10,000 hands. (I realize this is indicative of almost nothing, but it is a base and it IS interesting, right?)