View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: KJ on bubble. Is this a push?

Regardless of the fact you've been quite a dick here, I'm going to respond in the hope that when you sober up you might actually open your mind and look at my reasoning, rather than just dismiss things because you think you already know everything, which you clearly don't. First off, I never said "You should limp in", I merely suggested the possibility, gave some reasons why it might be okay, and opened it up to 'discussion'. I don't think anything I said was retarded, idiotic or horrible.

[ QUOTE ]
Saying "ignore ICM since there's a small astack" is RETARDED. ICM takse intso account theas smalle astk. If you don't wknow that, read about ICM. Befor eyou amek retardedc omments.

[/ QUOTE ]
I fully understand ICM. First, it doesn't account for position of blinds. The short stack being on the BB right now is very relevant, ICM doesn't know this information. ICM equities are calculated based on proportional stack sizes. It has many limitations, in particular when the blinds become very large realtive to the stacks it becomes very unreliable, because other factors are much more important than simply the sizes of the stacks in determining true equity. I think you should read about how ICM works. Do you even know the actual algorithm used to calculate the equities?

[ QUOTE ]
Keep wodering. Casue a limp is HORRIBLE

[/ QUOTE ]
I was wondering, so I posted in the hope of some discussion. This is not very much use to anyone. Are you so good at poker that you no longer need to think about situations?

[ QUOTE ]
The prboelm is, your'e very likely to be ast best a 60/40 favorite. Better soemrone else doubele him upat than mea, yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]
You're only a probable 60/40 if the two big stacks fold (very unlikely). Letting someone else take care of him doesn't work if noone else does, does it? Since BB is committed, the other two will not be playing junk so could both fold very easily.

[ QUOTE ]
Unless he cliskes the "check" button. Iinstant free ride

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh? Howas is giving someone a frees loooka t the flop "irrelevant"? It'sa anyting butn irrelevant. btw, when he clicks check, it is infa cact a "walk", so yovue' done nothing tohter than give him better pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. He hasn't got a free ride since he hasn't been given any chips, just a look at a flop. So what, he was calling allin anyway, which allows him to see all 5 cards. The only difference is that he may now decide to fold on the flop with half his stack in. That's good.

[ QUOTE ]
Ot you encourange them to steal tyour [censored]. Seriously, if there's a small tsatck and soemone limps, I pusn with the quickness. "BIATCH, YOU CAN'T CALL, CAUS THERE's A SMALLIE. SHIP IT BATCH" For real, I've got as coueple greats expalenes from doatyday. Limping = chipc draing

[/ QUOTE ]
Mostly unintelligible, but the point was that a big stack pushing over you is not a bad thing if it makes the BB fold himself down to 1BB. See my other response above.

[ QUOTE ]
Call if eh calls....fold if he folds. There must be someon logic I'm missing, btut hits seem,s earatraded. If he calls, you're not gonna bea fvery good favorite. At all. In fact thaer's a decent chance you're a dog. But if he folds...the you fold? Why, casue now you wkno the big stack has you beat?

No. If big tsack pushes, you have to fold, regardless of teh action. You can't risk your tourney with that smallie all-in with a hadns as weak as KJo, when one gusy has set you all-in, and antoher has agladyly aalled. This is just anti-tourney sthireoyr, and, put simply, is reatrded. This is why you don't adlimp in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you are missing some logic. If the BB calls then you can overcall much more easily, since you have him outchipped and therefore the only way you can bubble is if BB makes the best hand, big stack makes the second best hand, and you the third best hand. This won't happen often at all.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. Not only do youa think a min-raise with 6 BB is a solid play, but you thiank a limp is BETTER?! Maybe if you got aces or kings. Thent rap. But wtf...making some kingd of bullshit trap play with KJo? That's a recipe for disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't twist my words. I never said min-raising was a solid play. And I would never do it or advocate doing it. I was merely saying that it's not as horrible as it may first appear, for the same reasons that a limp isn't either.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry I've been so harsh to your post, but it looks lieke incredibly horribel advice to me. Sseriously, even a durnik 19 year-old can ripf it aprart with absolteuyl not probelems at all. Cause its' truly hirrrobiel.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't apologise, I don't really mind what you think. As I said, it wasn't advice, it was discussion. You didn't rip anything apart, you just saw something that your instinct disagreed with and decided to blast it instead of thinking about it. Next time at least read the reasoning and respond, rather than just saying things are retarded. Or just don't post drunk.