View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Politically Incorrect WSOP Post

what a patently ridiculous assertion. i'm pretty sure you know that and thus made this post/thread for your own amusement.

could there be other assertions? I mean, do you think that somebody like Tiffany Williamson is better at big bet poker than somebody like Daniel Negreanu?

Even if 75% of the field is white, and 95% of the field is male, and 90% of the field is American, then you'd have to assume that something like 75% of THOSE are Christians. since this is MUCH less than random Americans, that's HIGHLY unlikely.

I would guess more like 25 - 30% of the field was Christian, American, White Males (all four, not just one of the four).

Now, of those who fit the category, it is very safe to assume that they are probably newer to poker. I would assume that the recent increase in poker players is largely from pools who would previously not consider playing poker.

I mean, honestly, do you think that there are tons more backroom-bars-in-Texas-with-guns-on-the-table games now? or more church-fundraising games? two years ago, many Christians wouldn't think of playing, but now many find it acceptable.

this doesn't mean that they "won't admit there are people smarter than them who can teach them something".

if you are serious with this post, your reasoning is pathetic.

Josh