View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Failed attempt(s) at stealing.....

In my opinion, the river is the worst place to bluff.

1. The pot is inflated and you'll have to bet quite a bit just to make it so they don't have pot odds to call with their "beaten" hands
2. Most people will not give you credit for an ace on the river, it just doesn't seem reasonable that you'd be betting all that way with just ace high.
3. If you DO feel the need to bluff, make it something that they might actually consider folding, like $60.
4. Unless they are on a draw and missed, many people are attached to their hands by the river. The river is the place where I fold the least out of all streets.
5. When you are bluffing, be sure you know what you are representing - "I have a hand" - just won't cut it. If you're repping an overpair, be sure to raise it preflop. If you are repping two pair, make a random checkraise on a supposed blank and then fire big on the river. Flushes are probably the easiest to bluff on, but you'll have to bet big or else people will look you up quite often.

I bluff a lot, but most of my sucessful bluffs are where I've shown strength the entire time, keep that in mind.

Happy bluffing!