Thread: Bubble question
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Bubble question

[ QUOTE ]
bubble play is MUCH less about the average stack and MUCH MORE about the size of your stack in relation to the blinds and antes. Short stacked w/ less than 10 BB's, you push in this spot at most tables. Unless you are in some kind of satellite where everyone gets a seat or the tourney is VERY top heavy, you are only getting twice your buy-in or less if you just make the money. Play for first and not for last or play a cheaper tourney if the buy-in means that much to you. You should be doing whatever you can to maximize your chances of taking first. That is why you were probably correct in pushing. Don't be results orriented.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you won your way in through a qualifier and even the bottom prizes mean a lot to you, you gotta play for the victory. The adage about "a chip and a chair" hold true and ive seen more than one player go from shortstack to big money with some good luck and good timing. I debated this same thing when I was 5 from the money and could have folded into $600 (a decent amount for me) when I had 1/10th average chip stack, ended up calling a preflop raise with KK and getting sucked out on, but if I had won and staged a comeback for the 200K 1st place, i wouldnt be secondguessing my decision to not settle for $600.