View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 01:27 PM

Default pet peeve rant - \'I put you all in\'

Just venting..

I hate when people say 'I put you all in' or something to that effect. You can't put me all in, you can only put yourself all in! I also hate when someone bets exactly as much as you have. That happens more online since in B&M you can't always get an exact count.

Anyway.. I was playing a b&m tourny yesterday. I go heads up in to the flop with an older guy in a wheelchair. After the flop hits he announces 'Im all in'. Then he looks over at me says.. 'Whats he got.. about 2000?' and puts 2 1k chips in front of his cards. I turn to the dealer (I happen to be in seat 1) and say 'Is he all in or is he betting 2000?'. A couple of table captains immediately jump in and start berrating me saying it doesn't matter. I continue to talk only to the dealer and say 'How many chips I have doesn't matter, he has to bet an amount.'. The dealer says 'He is all in.'. One of the table captains says to the old man 'He wants you to put all your chips in' and he angrily does saying 'what difference does it make?!'.

Anyway, once he puts all his chips in I think for a moment and muck my hand. The old guy pulls the pot and announces 'Too much poker on TV.. Thats the problem.' My reply is 'Sorry I wasn't born before television.'.

Yes, thats right, talking [censored] to and old guy in a wheelchair. It was a proud moment for me. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Of course I was an [censored], but I /really/ hate this little betting ploy. BTW - I made nice with the old guy later, I'm not actually a horrible person.