View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Re: interesting TPGK flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet preflop. K9s is a fine defending hand and you would like to encourage him to limp in from the small blind instead of raising.

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of people are saying this and it's making me think... Normally I'd just call here with a hand like K9s. Would you still 3-bet if the steal was coming from the button (so that you're OOP the rest of the hand)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Position is a huge advantage. If button raised, then I'm more inclined to just call against an unknown. If villain is a known stealer, I'm 3-betting anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he doesn't lead on the turn, check behind and get to the showdown for 1 more BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I like betting on the turn if it's a card < 9, then checking behind on the river. Why give a free card to someone with overcards to your top pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get check-raised by AA-TT, which are all reasonable flop 3-betting hands. If he's overplaying a hand, he's probably overplaying AK, where we've got him pinned down to three outs anyway. I'm inclined to believe that he has the goods, but I don't want to fold. Therefore, I'm aiming to get a cheap showdown.