View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 12:26 PM

Default Re: interesting TPGK flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
to me anyways.

I am in the BB with K9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
folded to sb (hasn't played a hand yet) who raises, i call.

flop (4SB):
2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="red">sb bets</font>, <font color="red">I raise</font>, <font color="red">sb 3-bets</font>, I...?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have 3-bet preflop. K9s is a fine defending hand and you would like to encourage him to limp in from the small blind instead of raising.

As a result of the preflop call, the flop raise looks like a steal, making SB more inclined to 3-bet a weaker holding to fold you out. Of course, it could be a legit hand pushing you around here, but it's hard to tell. Had you 3-bet preflop, this would have become clearer.

I think you've got to cap him here. If he comes out leading on the turn, you know you're in trouble. Call the turn to snag a nine or a king. At the river... I don't know... I might just pay him off because he's an unknown and the donk factor is there. But folding is probably more prudent.

If he doesn't lead on the turn, check behind and get to the showdown for 1 more BB.