View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 09:25 AM

Default Horrible Call by Villain?

This guy seems like he's half decent at the game. He's like 20/8/2.5 and has played a decent game since I've been sitting. I'm playing well, but showing down a lot of loosers on drawouts. Of course, I don't know if he's checking his hand history to see it or not. He's shown that he will fold a hand on the turn. I've seen him do it even after he capped PF.

Anyway, is there any reason at all for him to call this turn? Just checking because it makes no sense to me.

I limp UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villian raises.

Everyone folds, I call.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check planning to check/raise because I think there's a decent chance he has overcards and will dump his hand.

He bets, I raise, he calls.

So far, I like it and I'm hoping for a rag or the board to pair to get him out. The only other thing I'm thinking is that he has a big pair and is planning to pop me on the turn.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I love the card and bet, he calls.

???? All I can think of at this point is that he has a big pair and was planning on popping me on the turn but is now scared. I'm done with this hand and plan on check/folding the river.

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check. He checks and shows me A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

What's with the turn call? Is there something I'm missing? I just want to make sure because I'm folding that turn almost every time.