View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Re: TDL 2-7: 3 betting with a 7

[ QUOTE ]
Something I have been thinking about recently is in this game you rarely see a betting war on the river, and whenever you do it is almost ALWAYS invovled with a wheel. Off the top of my head I can recall very few 2-bets on the river actually, it seems most raises are done in the middle rounds. Kind of funny how common players love getting the most bets in when they are chasing, and then chill out when they have a made hand, that's in my games though. Most river situations in this game I feel are fairly simple except in multiway pots. JMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it depends on the prior rounds and the draw. I'm often in big pots since I love to bet/raise early. An often occuring situation where I'll 3-bet my 7 and some 8's against most opponents is if I'm OOP and drawing 1 against an opponent who is standing pat on the last round. Now if I catch good I'll often bet (and, depending on the opponent, if I don't catch good I'll often bet too since the pot is often 5-8 times my bet don't need to win the bluff to often for it to be +EV) and now my opponent, if they've been paying attention may disrespect my bet and reraise with as bad as a 9, then I'll pop it with 7's for sure and with some 8's.