View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 05:40 AM

Default Gigabet play vs formula

i know this post is old: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...mp;sb=5&o=

BUT it has been bothering me for months and nothing i have read has touched upon this topic:

A: Gigs(or whomever)... when you make your moves...for instance the Q4s raise to 300 from the UTG raiser of 100(step 5 Higher-15k buy in) then he folds and you win a decent pot(lvl 1 or 2, dont remember/dont feel like looking it up to find out)...i see what are you doing(Fold equity=huge).... but what would you do if you actually had a hand like KK or AA in this situation...would you raise less? more? call?

B: what makes that situation more profitable/+EV than say any other hand in that particular SNG where you either felt weekness or obvious reads... why did you not make moves elsewhere? Did you not feel obvious weekness/reads in other hands/situations?

C: C relates to A and B. but in GENERAL: when you bluff/want people to fold, and you are playing good players, how do you determine your play(bet/check/fold) as compared to when you WANT a call with a good hand. wouldnt good players realize that....say.... you betting extra large(to the level of them folding a better hand) means you want them to fold and thus would logically induce a call(sounds simplistic but i think you know what i mean). or is the BUY-IN in these games so big that a big bet is so threatening that they fold anyway, without that logic in their thought process/or without the brains/balls to call you anyway

-and please do not respond with obvious [censored] like.."i had a read of him having a good/decent/EXACT hand so i bet big inducing a call/ or i had a read of him having a bad hand so i knew if i bet big enough he would dump/or I knew the player"

i believe it is a bit more complex than that.

-and also: please respond with the level of SNG you are reffering to(if not a generalization) (a 15k step 5 higher is a little dif from a 50 sng...as you know...(i am not insulting, just being particular))

Ta Ta
(...yes i am "new"....to posting-NOT reading)