View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: 5/10, what is the correct raise amount here against a flop steal?

[ QUOTE ]
I agree I should probably bet less than that...for arguments sake let's just say that the history between me and this player make this flop minraise a steal for him. He knows I'm overaggressive, he knows I come in for a raise when ever I open a pot in lp, he knows I bet most flops since I could have hit it with anything...the minraise is a probe bet/re-steal by him...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would tend to think you are behind here 100% of the time. If he's stealing, he's probably stealing with a better hand. If your opponent is one who will oversteal, I can get behind the push since you might make him fold a few somewhat legitimate hands (like tp?) as well as his bluffs. 56% is a lot of folding for someone who called preflop and then made a check raise on the flop. Against the $5/$10 players I play, I have to let them be sucsessful on thier little steal (most likely w tp) and flat call and pray for the club or the check on the turn (which will happen often enough, even if they have the nut str8). They aren't on a steal frequently enough for me to have them fold 56% of the time.