View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Phillips\' wonder drug (also posted on WPT forum)

Johnc makes what i think is the key point in this discussion. There is a pre-existing medical condition present that many many people do not understand. In laymans terms, A major symptom of ADD is that the complex in the body that reacts to stimulants and depressants is upside down. With ADD/ADHD, one would get hyper from say, alcohol, which is a depressant, and would relax when taking caffiene, which is obviously a stimulant. This is why stimulants are used.

BTW, I do have ADD and take Ridalin for it.

Personally, before I started taking the Ridalin, I could never concentrate on one thing at once; my mind would take a tangent every 15 seconds or so. It took me an average of 2 1/2 hours to go to sleep because my brain wouldn't shut up. I take Ridalin now, and my mind is clear, and I can think of things for more than 15 seconds now, but I almost go to sleep in the daytime when I take it because it relaxes me too much.

Having a similar side affect, although not as pronounced, it appears to me that the drug being discussed is being used to counteract a side affect of the ADHD medicine. That is something that shouldn't be marketed by an endorsement. The drug companies already have us by the balls.

I don't think that any kind of drug or "vitamin" or anything except websites and clothes should be endorsed by poker players. I think this because there are people out there who will do ANYTHING to get an edge.

It's just not responible.