View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Wynn Floor/Shift Decision

I recently was in a game at Canterbury, with a supremely bad player who had somehow managed to build up 5 racks of yellow ($2 chips) and a small stack of 6 or so green. She played almost every hand and bled off chips over the next hour, and with maybe a rack or so left, I asked what happened to the greenies. She said that I was mistaken, and that they had been blue (which could have been tipped away). Two others at the table agreed that she the chips had disappeared, and the dealer offered to call the floor. She suddenly looked a bit worried and a lot pissed. I realized she had a rack left to lose, and would likely get up (or be kicked out) if I pressed the issue. So said I was mistaken, and asked the dealer to forget it. She stayed, and gave away the remaining rack, then left. When she left she said, "it wasn't a stack of green, it was only three, and I played them," which was total BS, because there were never any green chips in play. Bottom line, the EV was better for keeping her at the table than for chasing her away, wven though she took off $150 or so that she would likely have passed around the table.

You chased the fish away. He likely was tilting, and you sent him further down the path to the craps table. Maybe he would have lost those chips anyway, maybe not, but it pushing the issue was -EV.

Sorry, but I gotta disagree with your play there.