View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Very Good Article on \"Animal Rights\"

Once again....Denis Leary says it best...

[ QUOTE ]
I have a dog. I love my dog. You guys have pets. You love your pets and they love you. You know why? Because you have the food. It's as simple as that.
We love to talk to our pets. "Come here, doggy. Come here. Sit. Give me the paw. Okay, roll over. Oh, look at him. He's so cute; he's almost human." There's the problem, right? We have these little cute pangs in our bellies because we're human beings. That's how we decide which animals to save. It's all a matter of how cute they are. (Gazing longingly into distance) "Oh, look at the baby seals with the big brown eyes and the furry little fur. Don't do anything to them. Leave them alone." (Gazing off to the side with a healthy thirst) "But the cows are big and dumb and stupid. [censored] them. Let's eat them all. C'mon. Let's make jackets out of what's left over. C'mon." We might as well just have animal auditions and line them up one by one and judge them individually.
"What are you?"
"I'm an otter."
"And what do you do?"
"I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands."
"You're free to go." (Gives the otter the thumbs-up sign, turns back)
"And what are you?"
"I'm a cow."
"Get in the [censored]' truck, okay, pal?"
"But I'm an animal."
"You're a baseball glove."
"I'm an animal."
"You're a hat. Get on that truck. You cow. What do you think we called you a 'cow' for?"
We kill the cow to make jackets out of them, then we kill each other for the jackets that we made out of the cows. I think the cows would love that joke, don't you? (As cow) "They're killin' each other for their jackets? Mooo."
I don't think it proves superior intelligence on our part that we can fashion a bat out of a piece of wood and bomp a baby seal over the head with it. Seals are very intelligent animals. They've probably thought of defending themselves. Only one problem: no hands. They're sitting on the beach, getting womped on the head, going: THONK "Man, this sucks." THONK "Wish we had some hands." THONK "Or at least a couple of helmets." THONK.

[/ QUOTE ]