View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Results

Yeah, that's why I think pot-sized bets are a bit too committing, I like 2/3

As for the turn, what really ruined this hand is the idiot UTG, who made the pot so damn big. You basically couldn't bet on the flop to test the waters, and a turn bet would have resulted in you getting all your chips in by the river, since if you bet the same $20, had he flat-called, he would probably push you in on the river, and if he min-raised, the same thing would happen.

Without the UTG, it would make things easier, as the pot would only be around $15, and you may have considered raising more. When I looked at this, I tried to think what I would do based on those actions and my normal raise here would be $3 to $3.50, since it's easier to fold if he puts in a huge raise, and the UTG won't be as willing to stick around.

I know I fell for similar situations on more than one occasion, though I'm able to let go of them, so I'm getting better. As I said before, I'd even fold this if I had less tahn $80 on the table, what makes this complicated are the implied odds and the idiot UTG.

I really like this post though, it made me think quite a bit. I'm not a frequent visitor of 2+2, but I think I will become one after reading participating in this thread.