View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Raymer and BIG STACK poker...

[ QUOTE ]
Could you recount the several two-outers that Moneymaker hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

He cracked AA with 88 with about 45 left. Flop comes K-J-4 or something like that and Moneymaker goes all-in. Gets called by the rockets, hits an eight on the turn. That was a two outer.

Against Ivey he had 7 outs. One queen, three aces and three of the other card on the board. (Board was Q-Q-x-9).

Those were the only two hands that I recall, and I just watched all 7 episodes the last week. He got lucky with A2 at the final table I think too, but that was a PF all-in call.

The push with 8s I was shocked with the play but it's not horrid if he put his opponent on a mid pair too. Or something.

He made some mistakes. More seen on television than Raymer made. Raymer never had his aces busted in the telecasts for which we saw him. He lost to a runner-runner flush to Al Krux but they were all-in PF. From what I can tell from Raymer's comments and from the telecasts, Raymer didn't really get lucky or unlucky a whole lot. Won more flips than not, and that's a big key.

Anyway, those are the 'suckouts' everyone complains about with Moneymaker. On the Q-Q-x board and he's holding A-Q, he bet almost nothing in comparison of the flop, let Ivey hit his boat, and then rivered a bigger boat. But in that situation, wouldn't you want Ivey to call a bet and bet small because of it? Everyone complains about that hand all the time, but I think Money played it fine.

It's just easy to gripe when we are on the outside looking in and have no reprocussion for our actions. I'd like to see most of us making the correct decisions for millions of dollars. It's tough.

As far as skill goes, Money is at least decent to win the big one in my opinion. Raymer I think is one of the top 5 poker players in the world right now. His results speak to that.

Anyway, those are the suckouts. Not horrible ones really.

Brad