View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 12:29 PM

Default J-J in tournament

I'm in the the big blind in a PartyPoker 20+2 MTT. 1110 entries, approx 300 left, 140 places pay.

blinds are $75/$150.

I've been at my table the entire tournament, and most of the players have been playing fairly tight. Most pots go down with one raise and everyone else folding. I have about $2150 in chips, a litle under average for the table.

I am on the button and am thrilled to get pocket Jacks. The UTG with $1800 who moved to the table a few hands ago and I haven't yet seen play raises $600. I am happy and plan to raise all in. But, lo and behold the player to act immediately before me, a tight, aggressive player raises all-in for $5,500. I know if I call all-in, the original raiser will very likely call -- I couldn't imagine him folding w/ all that money in the pot.

Is this worth a call for the rest of my chips? I could be up agains an overpair and/or 3 overcards. If I fold, I still have $2150 with blinds approaching $100/$200. But if I win, I will more than triple up and be a lot more likely to make the money.

What's the best play?