View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Finally.. 10k complete @ 1/2 (mostly 9 max)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You must be playing in some tight games, 31% att. to steal blinds, it doesn't seem like I really get that many chances at stealing the blinds from LP, more power to you for making sure you get those blinds, I'd be interested in the success of said blind steals at this level. If your games are loose enought to be playing 20% of your hands how are you attempting to steal so many blinds? Something doesn't fit in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

31% is def. right in the range you need to be at, 30-35% attempt to steal

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm trying to sync up some stats to get an idea of game context. Just because he's in some normal stat range doesn't make them good plays. Generally in a tight game you have more chances to steal blinds, but if he's playing in a tight game why is he playing rather loose preflop? He doesn't really have a sample size large enough to make any real judgements either way.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your stats from the button are unwieldy, why so LAGGy from the button, you could probably rein that in a bit. It's pretty damn profitable for you thus far but those kind of numbers won't hold up I don't think.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have some laggy #s(if they were your regular stats) on the button, because position is soo valuable in this game, and you need to take advantage of it

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand loosening up and getting more aggressive, my numbers on the button are the loosest and most aggressive as any position. I was commenting more on the fact that he had such a huge jump in both VP$IP and PFR on the button. I just figured there is a gradual increased from EP to MP then MP to LP. His numbers seem to have that nice increase from EP to MP and MP to the CO but then all of a sudden his numbers are off the charts on the button. Unless his games are often tight and shorthanded I don't think that is going to be optimal in the long run. And if you are gonna be a 25/16 from the button and that's the way to be profitable why aren't your stats from the CO similar. Your position is nearly as good and you have the chance to buy the button so why not go LAG there? Again just having trouble figure out why his stats are so far up there on the button and it seems his play is a little inconsistent.