View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: Finally.. 10k complete @ 1/2 (mostly 9 max)

1/2 is a bitch. I'm still negative after 15,000 hands after cruising through .50/1 at 3BB/100. I'm getting better/cards getting better whatever but I'm kinda on the upswing now. I actually got off to a pretty hot start 1.75BB/100 over first thousand or so clearing a PP bonus, but as my bonus whoring adventures traveled through distant unfriendly lands my BB/100 dove farther south than 0 than I could have imagined. It was a run of bad luck combined with probably calling down in pots I shouldn't and some improper folds when I was probably ahead. But anyway if I had the trick to 1/2 I probably wouldn't be posting in your stats thread.

So enough about me as for your stats...

What site?

VP$IP seems a little high depending on your game conditions.

You must be playing in some tight games, 31% att. to steal blinds, it doesn't seem like I really get that many chances at stealing the blinds from LP, more power to you for making sure you get those blinds, I'd be interested in the success of said blind steals at this level. If your games are loose enought to be playing 20% of your hands how are you attempting to steal so many blinds? Something doesn't fit in my mind.

You must love playing them blinds. While SB looks fine I think your are defending too much from BB. Give these guys raises a little more respect from the BB. You really have to have a good read on the blind stealer to put him on a steal and call with a weaker hand, I haven't run into many players on the Party network thus far that like to steal blinds often with crap hands. Seems like most of the time I'm in the BB with only a button raiser and a decent hand the raiser manages to have a big PP or big broadway. Then again could be a sample size issue.

At least your winning the "correct" amount of flops seen.

Sucks to lose doesn't it? My mantra for most of 1/2 has been win small lose big as my numbers seem normal across the board.

Went to SD looks a little high which could account for the low W$SD figure. Also running cold can account for the low W$SD figure. Also not folding often enough can account for both a negative win rate and a low W$SD.

It might be slightly easier to bluff at pots but you also need to pick your spots better. A bluff at .50/1 could quite often be a split pot or you even get called by a worse hand somehow. I've started to bluff less and only when in situations where I have a good idea that the other guy likes to fold more than call down.

You could be a tad over aggressive on the later streets. Quite often at this level a turn raise and definitely the turn 3-bet is a huge indicator of a monster hand (depending on the player, yada yada), it seems you laugh in the face of that action and continue to raise.

I would say overall you could probably fold a little more often.

Also the fact you are losing that much from the BB probably means you are calling far too often out of the BB. You are losing a BB out of the big blind ever 3.3 times. That's gonna hurt the bottom line a lot. I think if you had tightened up from the BB you would have a BB/100 in the green...

Your stats from the button are unwieldy, why so LAGGy from the button, you could probably rein that in a bit. It's pretty damn profitable for you thus far but those kind of numbers won't hold up I don't think.

In the end playing that many hands up front you would probably tend to see less showdowns and fold slightly more often than the average player. But you are actually seeing more showdowns and folding less than the average player. To me that spells disaster for the bottom line. And then your BB needs some work, you are losing a ton here whether it's bad cards or bad play is something you might want to analyze a little further.

And just to emphasize, you might want to learn when to fold, something I have had much trouble with at 1/2...