View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: is this forum going to hell?

It may help this forum to have an introductory post or link to "what does it take to post in the Mid-High NLPL forum?" that explains basically what has been suggested above, something like:
----------------------------------------------
<<Disclaimer: The following guidlines are in the spirit of increasing the quality of this forum. They are not meant to keep you from voicing your opinions, only make you more aware of what you post.>>
1. Roughly what limits belong here, including stack sizes
2. Keeping information legible and relevant <link to hand converter>
3. Being sure to include any read-related information that might help and avoiding posting simple hands with no reads available. Also, including the site, limit and short or ring game status.
4. Keeping your personal ego out of it unless it legitimately helps the discussion
5. Finally, if you have a question on a hand **search the archives first**

I have been guilty of poor posts myself but I *am* trying to better my own posts and help the forum. I have long thought that this type of message or link would be simple to create and very effective at controlling the quality of posts. Though I support the idea of having a moderator, I think it would be mostly unneeded if this were done.

On my personal thoughts, I see Mid-High as $600+. I have no problem with humor posts from the potty level on up (they keep me sane latenight) but it's tiresome when you have to slough through a sarcastic ego-shooting contest in the middle of a great post. Otherwise, I echo all the sentiment expressed above.

I've only known about and followed 2+2 for a few months but I hope to do my part in keeping it helpful to all its readers and especially the esteemed posters who may have noticed things slipping a little.

sox